Yesterday’s article about trends compared the forecast with what real people are doing in interior design. An examination at the half-way mark reveals a belligerent disconnect between the color forecast turning away from watery ocean tones going toward 2013 and the grass roots embrace of seaside in both palette and product.
From Design Milk:
” Never mind that blues and greens, particularly jades, turquoises, and robin’s egg, are my favorite colors, they’re also the shades of summer (at least to me). While others might associate sweet sorbets with the season, I always turn to the ocean for inspiration, thus is the theme for this week’s installment of CMYLK. This Ocean Hues Colourlovers palette runs from grass to sky to the depths of the sea”.
With Dwell on Design 2012 right around the corner a selection of new products will debuti at the show. The new designs run the gamut, everything from shippable homes to furniture to lighting to outdoor pods and everything in between with a whole lot of ocean color in the Fall line up for home!
Waht the look?
Practically wall decor – this Designers Guild Ocean Colored Rug is on back order until July – it sold out within a couple of weeks of hitting the Spring Market!
But ocean tone pillows are plentiful and bring fast and interchangeable pops of color to any space in your home.
Enjoy the sun, the summer, and try an ocean spray of color to countermand those long and exhausting color doldrums between summer’s end and triumphant return!
- 2013 Interior Color Trends – A Vision of Your Own (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Lovely Spaces, Places and Things: Hawaii Dreamin’ (theautumnissue.com)
- Into Color – True Trends of 2012 (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Palette LOVE! (rachelurista.wordpress.com)
- Interior Design Trends 2012 – Green Design on a Budget – Part 1 (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Bird Poop Chandelier by Wyatt Little Design Milk (apartmenttherapy.com)